Monday, February 18, 2013

Milk Lab



I began this lab excercise with a shallow cup and a 1/ 2 cup of 2% milk.  I predicted the milk left out for three days in a warm, dark place would turn the milk into the consistency of yogurt.

I checked the milk once a day to see if any changes occured, day one the milk looked the same, on day two I noticed the milk evaporated just a bit, and the edges of the glass looked a little slimy.

Day One

Final day
On the last day of my experiment, the milk in the cup appeared to be watery, and not the consistency as I predicted.  Milk has bacteria and can turn into an acid like form. I think if I would have used whole milk and another place that was warmer, the bacteria in the milk would have turned into a yogurt form.






1 comment:

  1. Good work! This is true science in action. Our predictions are not always what we see as results. Your understanding of the bacteria likely playing a role demonstrates good research. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete